Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Could Have Been One of Them; You are Holy.

Sometimes I try to imagine what it was like way back when.
I close my eyes and think about the way it was.
I see You around, and I don't know what to think.
They spit on You when You're on Your knees.
Suddenly, I am so sick.
My life is so sick.
They say Your name..
Telling me You can heal,
But I don't know.
They always gather around; surrounding mere fishing boats.
I gain some faith.
I just need to touch Your robe.
You'll heal me, I know.
I turn around..
My hands are stained by Christian blood.
I'm moving with the benefit of my own gain.
You find me.
Drop it all and follow Me, You say.
I do.
I trust You.
Part of the crowd, we're all surrounding You now.
You speak of seeds and farmers.
But what about God!
So now You've found me.
I am following You.
You tell me You must leave.
Why must You leave?
I'm following YOU!
But You'll return and be new.
I don't understand, but I trust.
Next thing you know, they hand me the money
I give them Your very own name.
You promised You'd leave me,
They promised wealth..
I gave in.
I led them up the hill.
Kissing Your cheek, I watch them arrest You
They take You away.
I taste the bread of Your body lingering on the edge of my tongue,
With the wine of Your blood.
I swore to You I'd stay with You until the end..
But the rooster crowed, and I lost my way.
It was me who spit on You as You dragged the wooden cross
On Your bare back.
Standing there, I found it to be my own voice shouting
'Crucify Him'.
And so they did.
But You rose.
Looking above my roman uniform, I finally recognized You, the Son.
I'm Mary.
Weeping for my Son.
The words stumble out of my mouth as I plead to
Properly bury You.
My Joseph hands carefully wrap Your earthly body.
It's Sunday, and You have risen.
I don't recognize You as You come back.
I fall to my knees at Your name, and I see Your face.
Now I'm imprisoned; writing so many letters.
You've called me to be here, to do this.
Defying the Roman rule.
I'm dreaming of the end.
White robes, trumpets, beasts, salvation.
I close my eyes. I see Your face. You hold my hand, and You take my apologies. You replace the sin with Grace. I give You my heart, and You take me home.

God Bless. :) 
Psalm 42:2 

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love this. Thank God for His beautiful grace. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete